Thursday, October 6, 2011

Me, myself and us

Well, now that I'm new to this blogging world, I thought I should include a little about myself. My name's Ellie and I'm 21. I currently am a student at Northwestern College in Minnesota. 
 (photo by Melissa Louise Photography)

This is my family. I love them so much. This photo's a few years old, but we're all there. 
(Photo by Melissa Louise Photography) 

 In 2009, I spent a year in South Africa, Zimbabwe, and India. This experience changed my whole perspective on life and my passion for our world. 


Only one of the beautiful experiences I had in South Africa.


In India, I experienced first hand the horrors of Human Trafficking. I met women in the brothels of Pune, India and I was forever changed. Now, I'm a certified human trafficking investigator for the international organization Not For Sale.


  In my second half of my YWAM experience, I participated in a school on Primary healthcare for Africa. I learned about HIV/AIDS and the importance of water sanitation in Africa. This photo is of one of the groups we taught in the bush in Zimbabwe. My goal now is to inform the world on these preventable international issues.



This is Andy. We're goofy.

This is Andy and me at our wedding. Yeah, we got married. Andy is a band director in South Saint Paul. I like him. 

Now, you know a little about me. 

1 comment:

  1. awww thats beautiful!your wedding and the india traffciking story and the stories about africa!
    great blog... keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete